For the companies operating in the tanning industry, White Lab offers a wide range of chemical and physical testing on skin and leather, in line with applicable Italian, European and international regulations and standards. Our team of experts assists the customer in choosing the appropriate testing strategy, ensuring high data quality and speed of execution.
With a specific consultancy service, we support companies in managing the requirements imposed by local, national, and supranational regulations and throughout the whole process to obtain and maintain the most important industry certifications (LWG, INDITEX, etc.).
We are also aware that each manufacturing sector has its specific environmental needs, therefore we tailor a wide range of accredited services to the needs of each customer in this industry, we support the customer throughout the whole process to obtain the relevant certifications and authorisations (AUA, AIA) and we ensure that each matrix (water, land, waste, air) complies with current laws and regulations.
Thanks to the versatility of the skills in its laboratories, White Lab can support its customers even with occupational safety and hygiene in compliance with Italian Legislative Decree No 81/08. The available services are: indoor monitoring of chemical, physical, and microbiological agents, risk evaluation, safety (POS), Operations Plan, Safety and Coordination Plan (PSC), and drafting of internal procedures.
The industrial process water management, treatment and recovery will increasingly have to meet the principles of environmental sustainability and reduction in ecological footprint.
Thanks to the most modern technologies on the market, White Lab gives its customers an exclusive service for the construction of waste water purification plants to allow the discharge into the surface water body or the sewers and of water recovery plants for the reintroduction of water in the production cycle, with a consequent substantial reduction of discharges, thus achieving results spending less.
The service for tanning companies is tailored and optimised for their specific industry needs and, in particular, for the treatment of waste water with high sulphate and chloride content.
Thanks to a highly-trained and constantly updated multidisciplinary team operating in synergy, White Lab Laboratories offer integrated packages of consultancy and testing services tailor-made for any customer type.
Testing and services offered by White Lab in the tanning industry
- Alkylphenol ethoxylates, OP and NP (ISO 18218-1: 2015 e 18218-2: 2019)
- Azo dyes releasing aromatic amines (GB/T 19942-2019 e ISO 17234-1: 2020)
- Biocides: Orthophenylphenol, 4-chloro-3-methylphenol, TCMTB and OIT (ISO 13365: 2020)
- Bisphenol A (EPA 3550C: 2007 + EPA 8270E: 2018)
- Bisphenol S and F (ISO 13365: 2020)
- Short- and medium-chain chlorinated paraffins (ISO 18219: 2015)
- Chromium VI with ageing (ISO 10195: 2018 + UNI EN ISO 17075-1: 2017)
- Chromium VI (ISO 17075-1: 2017)
- Dimethylformamide (UNI CEN ISO/TS 16189: 2013)
- Dimethyl fumarate (UNI CEN ISO/TS 16186: 2012)
- Chlorinated phenols: PCP, TriCP and TetraCP (ISO 17070: 2015)
- Formaldehyde (GB/T 19941: 2019, ISO 17226-1: 2021 e ISO 17226-2: 2019 + EC1: 2009)
- Phthalates (CPSC-CH-C1001-09.3: 2010, CEN ISO/TS 16181: 2011 e ISO 14389: 2014)
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons - PAHs (UNI/TS 11267: 2008)
- Differential index - ΔpH (ISO 4045: 2018)
- Mercury extractable with acid sweat solution (ISO 17072-1: 2019)
- Total mercury including mineralisation (ISO 17072-2: 2019)
- Metals extractable with acid sweat solution (ISO 17072-2: 2019)
- Total metals including mineralisation (ISO 17072-2: 2019)
- N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone - NMP (Metodo UNI EN ISO 19070: 2016)
- Nickel released (UNI EN 1811: 2015)
- Organotins (UNI CEN ISO/TS 16179: 2012)
- Chromium oxides (UNI EN ISO 5398-1: 2018)
- Long- and short-chain PFCs (ISO 23702-1: 2018 e UNI CEN/TS 15968: 2010)
- PFOS and PFOA (UNI CEN TS 15968: 2010)
- pH (UNI EN ISO 4045: 2018)
- Brominated flame retardants (GB/T 24279: 2009 e UNI EN ISO 17881-1: 2016)
- Soluble substances in dichloromethane (ISO 4048: 2018)
- Volatile substances (ISO 4684: 2006)
- Toluene, Benzene, Naphthalene (UNI/TS 11267: 2008)
- Colour change by accelerated ageing
- Determination of tear load - single edge tear
- Determination of tear load - double edge tear
- Determination of water resistance of light leather - repeated linear compression with penetrometer
- Determination of flex resistance - flexometer method (dry/wet)
- Determination of the tensile strength of the grain of a leather – marble method
- Determination of tensile strength and percentage elongation
- Determination of the thickness
- Test for the adhesion of finish (dry/wet)
- Abrasion resistance with the Martindale method (dry/wet)
- Colour fastness to water
- Colour fastness to the drop of water
- Colour fastness to machine washing
- Colour fastness to dry cleaning using perchloroethylene solvent
- Colour fastness to delicate washing
- Colour fastness to domestic and commercial washing
- Colour fastness to sweat
- Colour fastness to artificial light - test with xenon arc lamp
- Colour fastness to migration into PVC
- Colour fastness to rubbing - crockmeter (dry/wet/sweat)
- Colour fastness to rubbing - VESLIC (dry/wet/sweat)
- Colour fastness of small samples to solvents
- Thermosetting at 100°C and at 125°C
- Drafting and/or evaluating specifications related to the PRSL (Product - Restricted Substances List)
- Drafting and/or evaluating the MRSL (Manufacturing Restricted - Substances List) as regards the chemicals used
- Consultancy to obtain and maintain LWG certification guaranteeing environmentally friendly production and a systemic management of Quality, Environment, Safety and Ethics, following market demand
- Consultancy to ensure the compliance of the products with the standards developed by INDITEX Group for consumer health protection
- Testing atmospheric emissions with possible continuous monitoring system CEMS (UNI EN 14181:2015) to ensure the compliance with legal maximum levels and specific consultancy for possible necessary containment action to obtain the Single Environmental Authorisation (AUA) and the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control permit (AIA)
- Managing waste water from manufacturing and/or service facilities. Testing and support with the development of the necessary procedures depending on the discharge water receiving body
- Assessment of noise impact and environment to obtain the permit for noise emissions
- Olfactometric testing for odorous emissions with active and passive sampling systems
- Consultancy and management of documents related to the Environmental Impact Assessment (VIA)
- Waste management:
- Characterisation and classification
- Temporary waste storage
- Waste loading/unloading log management
- Enrolment in the register of waste-management companies
- Preparation of the Environmental Declaration MUD
- Registration with CONAI and periodic declaration
- SISTRI requirements
- Authorisation requests for waste management plants
- Preliminary and feasibility study
- Process engineering
- Turnkey construction
- Renovation and/or expansion of existing plant
- Integration and replacement of special equipment and compartments
- Regulatory revamping and updates
- Support, management, ordinary and extraordinary maintenance of the plant
- Specific global service for the maintenance of all the electromechanical equipment and hydraulic lines, which brings about a significant reduction in operating costs
- Supply of chemical products for the proper functioning of the plant
Analysis and services
Qualitative and quantitative testing to identify the presence of PFAS in any matrix.
EC health mark
Testing and services for obtaining and maintaining the EC health mark.
Testing for the presence of radioactive substances, testing for radon, Total Indicative Dose, and Tritium.
Consultancy for Medical Devices
White Lab's consultancy and regulatory support services for Medical Devices.
Dioxins and PCBs
Qualitative and quantitative testing to identify the presence of dioxins and PCB in environmental matrices.