Environmental Acoustics relates both to how noise pollution can affect individuals (assessment of noise impact) and to occupational safety (analysis of noise exposure risk in working environments).
The assessment of noise impact offered by White Lab Laboratories is intended for any type of environment (companies, public establishments, bars, pizza restaurants, gymnasiums, private clubs and associations, dance clubs, nightclubs, sports activities, leisure and commercial activities, homes, etc.) and includes:
- Evaluation of the compliance with legal limits and municipal acoustic zoning with regard to any subject disturbed by noise, in compliance with Italian framework law on noise pollution No 447/95, Italian Prime Minister Decree of 1/03/91 defining the maximum levels of noise exposure in living and outdoor environments, and Italian Prime Minister Decree of 14/11/97 setting out noise emission and immission limit values and warning and quality values
- Evaluation of the compliance with legal limits and acoustic zoning of any source of disturbance
- Evaluation of the compliance with legal limits inside premises where electroacoustic systems are used, in compliance with Italian Prime Minister Decree No 215 of 16/04/99 setting out the rules for determining the acoustic requirements of sound sources in dancing and public entertainment venues and in public establishments
The noise analysis in working environments is related to the risk due to exposure to physical agents, as described in the Italian Consolidated Law on Safety at Work (Testo Unico sulla Sicurezza sul Lavoro) - Italian Legislative Decree No 81 of 2008, and includes:
- The evaluation of exposure level, type and duration, including any noise exposure
- The evaluation of hearing protectors, which must have appropriate damping properties
- Noise measurement in all the work stations used by the staff, including the characterisation of the equivalent noise level (LEX) for each work station with reference to an 8-hour working day or a week
- Drawing up a noise exposure summary sheet for each employee, indicating exposure time in each work station used during work time
The measurement results and the associated uncertainties must be reported according to the weighting curves used in the framework of noise pollution. These curves are used to simulate the behaviour of human ear to noise exposure, as it depends both on sound pressure and sound frequency. These evaluations allow to ensure the compliance of the damping of hearing protectors in line with the provisions of Italian Ministerial decree of 2/05/2001 and following amendments on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
White Lab can perform any noise emission control set by applicable regulations on acoustic environmental monitoring thanks to a highly-trained team fully supporting the customer with integrated consultancy and testing services.
Analysis and services
Soils and Sediments
Testing any type of soil and sediment for agronomic evaluation and remediation activities.
Testing and services to ensure that materials in contact with food are in compliance.
Consultancy, sampling and testing regarding CEMS, biogas, soil gas, biofilters, and odorous emissions.
Testing and services for tanning industry
Find out White Lab's comprehensive offer for companies operating in the tanning industry.
Indoor & Outdoor
Physical, chemical and microbiological testing to monitor air quality.